Dubai, 20th December 2023: At the conclusion of the 2024 player auctions the Punjab Kings have
assembled a squad brimming with experience, explosiveness, and potential. The Kings signed 8
players - 2 internationals and 6 Indians.
Trevor Bayliss – Head Coach said “We are delighted with the fact that we have got all our target
players except a couple. We had a few gaps in the current squad and are happy to have plugged
them. We have a good core of young Indian players and look forward to working with them this
Sanjay Bangar – Head of Cricket development said “We had identified our gaps and the players we
need to target. It’s always good when you have achieved most of what you set out to do. The most
exciting part is the young Indian talent that we have. This should stand us in good stead over time”.
The new additions to the Kings are:
1. Harshal Patel won the Purple cap with 32 wickets in IPL 2021. The allrounder who plays for
Haryana brings on board extensive domestic and international experience. His skills and
ability to bowl at the death make him a prized player.
2. Rilee Rossouw brings a range of strokes as a wristy batsman. His experience in the IPL and
other leagues worldwide makes him a great asset to have. The South African international
has played multiple match-winning knocks.
3. Chris Woakes rounds up the English quartet at the Kings. The pace-bowling all-rounder plays
in all formats for England and has won the T20 World Cup and ODI World Cup with England.
4. Ashutosh Sharma is best known for hitting the fastest fifty by an Indian. He scored this in 11
balls against Arunachal Pradesh in a Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy match in 2023. The former MP
and current Railways player broke Yuvraj Singh’s record set 16 years ago.
5. Shashank Singh holds a unique Indian record in domestic ODIs. He scored 150 runs and took
5 wickets against Manipur for Chattisgarh in the Vijay Hazare Trophy in 2023. He became the
first Indian to achieve this in a first-class cricket match.
6. Vishwanath Pratap Singh is an exciting talent from Punjab. He has impressed with his batting
at the Under 25 level and the Sher E Punjab tournament.
7. Tanay Thyagarajan was the leading wicket-taker for Hyderabad in the 2018-19 Ranji season.
The left-arm orthodox off-spinner is a regular for Hyderabad in domestic cricket. We are
delighted to give him an opportunity in the IPL.
8. Prince Choudhary is a right-arm leg-break bowler. He was scouted by the Kings. From the
NCR region, he will be a valuable asset.
The complete squad: Shikhar Dhawan, Arshdeep Singh, Ashutosh Sharma, Atharva Taide, Chris Woakes, Harpreet Bhatia, Harpreet Brar, Harshal Patel, Jitesh Sharma, Jonny Bairstow, Kagiso Rabada, Liam Livingstone, Nathan Ellis, Prabhsimran Singh, Prince Chaudhary, Rahul Chahar, Rilee Rossouw, Rishi Dhawan, Sam Curran, Shashank Singh, Shivam Singh, Sikandar Raza, Tanay Thyagarajann, Vidwathy Kaverappa, Vishwanath Pratap Singh.