Yuvraj Singh has come back to the Lions’ den! But before his diaspora, he had spent some time with several teams in the Indian Premier League, including Royal Challengers Bangalore in the city of Bengaluru. As he makes a trip back to his former franchise in Kings XI Punjab colours, we caught up with the swashbuckling southpaw and asked him to give us the low down on ‘UB city’.
1. Your best memory from Bengaluru city.
My favourite memory has to be playing the IPL in 2014. The vaaaibe of the city and the food are just amazing. 🍕 🍔 🍩
2. A fan interaction you remember from Bengaluru.
Umm… The time I got groped by an aunty. 😳
3. How do you expect the pitch and ground at the M. Chinnaswamy stadium to play based on your experience?
The wicket is a batting paradise. It’s a small ground. The crowd is always loud which makes the game more exciting as the Bengaluru fans have great energy and are always so energetic and enthusiastic!
4. Favourite cricket memory from the ground?
The time I got five wickets and 50 runs against Ireland. (in the 2011 World Cup)
5. Something you enjoy doing while in Bengaluru.
I love meeting my Bengaluru pals and go out to eat. I also enjoy the UB city vibes!
6. Where would you like to take the boys while in Bengaluru?
I would love to take them to the Ritz spa. I think it will be a nice team bonding activity.