As Kings XI Punjab gear up to take on Delhi Daredevil at Feroz Shah Kotla, Yuvi-paaji will be relishing the prospect of playing at a venue where he has achieved tremendous success over the years. Being a Punjabi munda, Delhi always held a place close to Yuvraj’s heart. From the clubs that helped him eventually play for India to a really funny case of mistaken identity, here are Yuvi’s Delhi memories.
1. Your best memory from Delhi.
I have played a lot of cricket in Delhi and most of these tournaments have been in the hot summer 🔥. Delhi clubs and the dry weather are two things that I associate with Delhi. Those games helped me to play for India in my early days.
2. A fan interaction you remember from Delhi.
My most memorable fan interaction from Delhi involved a little fan from the city 👦. My mother went to meet a friend and brought her child home since he wanted to meet me. I was in my regular home clothes when I met him. So he went home and said, “Mummy, aapne mujhe nakli Yuvraj se mila diya.” 😳
3. How do you expect the pitch and ground at the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium to play based on your experience?
The Feroz Shah Kotla pitch is extremely good for batting. I expect this to be a high scoring game.
4. Favourite cricket memory from the ground?
Kotla has always been a lucky venue for me. I have always done well there and I have my fingers crossed for this game as well.
5. Something you enjoy doing while in Delhi.
I prefer to stay at home in my basement.
6. Where would you like to take the boys while in Delhi?
I would love to take them to Emporio (Mall in Vasant Kunj).