Riding on a scintillating run of form that has seen them rise to the top of the league table in the ongoing season of the VIVO Indian Premier League, the Kings of the North take on Sunrisers Hyderabad in a bid to increase their winning streak. The venue may be new to some of the players, but it is a happy hunting ground for Yuvi-paaji. He has a number of cricketing and non-cricketing memories from the city and here he sheds light on a few of them.
1. Your best memory from Hyderabad.
Hyderabad has always been a lucky place for me. I’ve always made my comebacks from here.
2. A fan interaction you remember from Hyderabad.
Something very special happened once while I was in Hyderabad. A person made a painting of me and handed it to me while I was there. I really cherish that gift and I’ve put it up in my house.
3. How do you expect the pitch and ground at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium to play based on your experience?
Hyderabad has always been a good batting wicket and I expect it to behave the same way when we get there.
4. Favourite cricket memory from the ground?
My favourite memory from this ground is the time I got a hundred against Australia. (3rd match of the 2007 ODI series, where he scored 121)
5. Something you enjoy doing while in Hyderabad
Hyderabad is the quintessential foodie place. The nightlife is also very good in the city. At least it was 10 years ago when I used to go out partying.
6. Where would you like to take the boys while in Hyderabad?
Being the foodie that I am, I’m going to take them to Paradise Biryani.